Forum

Search

Adjusting sponsors
Team Zyte
Developer

Posted at:
22:02 28/6-2020 GMT

Hello everyone

As some of you may have noticed, we did a bit of a survey regarding the new sponsors feature.

First of all, thank you to everyone who participated.

We received a lot of useful feedback to focus on.

The key point was that most people agreed that the benefit from sponsors at this point is a bit too high. We have therefore decided to adjust the sponsorships.

Starting from July 28, the new adjusted sponsors will be in place.

Without mentioning all of the sponsors individually, I can reveal that we have reduced the overall amount of money that you can earn, changed the canteens/energy bars to 12 instead of 10, tweaked the duration/max sponsor count, etc.

All these things have been done to make the sponsor more balanced and to reduce the influence it has on the game economy.

So, on July 28 and onwards, please make sure that you read your proposals carefully again. They may be slightly different than what you are used to.

EXPECTED BUG: All sponsorships signed before the change will function as they are signed, but they will reveal the new "text" on the sponsor page. It is just a matter of the text.

Furthermore, we received a lot of good suggestions for new types of sponsors. That was the other main trend that we saw.

We already have other types planned, and those great suggestions were well-received as well. It is therefore on the to-do-list to add different types of sponsors to spice of the variety and the decision making process in which sponsors to sign. This does however need more programming, whereas I'm not yet ready to announce anything.

I hope you will appreciate the new adjustments.

Enjoy!

Best regards,
  OCM Developer Nick

Team Zyte
Developer

Posted at:
22:07 28/6-2020 GMT

Oh, and I forgot to add.

A new feature has been implemented as well: Starting on July 28 as well, you will only have a sponsorship proposal for 2 weeks. If you do not accept the proposal by those 2 weeks, it will expire and thus be lost. You will instead start to get a new one.

Best regards,
  OCM Developer Nick
USA Postal Services

Posted at:
22:08 28/6-2020 GMT

+1 Thanks to keep the users posted. This should stop the excesive advantage some teams have acquired. I realized some potential problems in the next 30 days, data still processing in my data base.

Message sent by T.Y.R.O.N A.I System. Do not reply.

--------

‘Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see.” And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer’. Revelations 6: 1-2
Tashkent Browncoats

Posted at:
22:10 28/6-2020 GMT

Sounds good!
Yuri SuperTeam

Posted at:
22:23 28/6-2020 GMT

Thanks for this Nick.

Quick question:
  In 40 days from now I plan to hire a sponsor I have on the waiting list which initially should give me 2.5k per day. The text now says 1.5k per day. The question is, how much money will it give me? Will I still have the possibility to sign it, or will it dissappear in 15 days from now?

Thanks!

Enjoy responsibly,
  Yuri
English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
22:25 28/6-2020 GMT

Good to hear that current sponsors will give the signed value until they expire!

Thank you for clarifying Nick :)

-------------------------------------------

I WILL get past Finz in the Most Post Ranking!
Skeel

Posted at:
22:28 28/6-2020 GMT

The sponsor offer that i had lined up will give the new text's conditions if im correct?

Just double checking before i decline since it would give me 20.000 $ every second week instead of 25.000 weekly.

Team Zyte
Developer

Posted at:
22:34 28/6-2020 GMT

The old text-condition is in place until July 28.

In my fix, I switched them around - it should be fixed now.

Thanks for noticing.

Best regards,
  OCM Developer Nick
English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
22:35 28/6-2020 GMT

Just to confirm, it’s switched back :)

Yuri SuperTeam

Posted at:
22:38 28/6-2020 GMT

Nick not sure if you tryed to answer my question or not, but I still have the same question :)
  The sponsor that I have on the waiting list will still keep his offer in 40 days or not?

Enjoy responsibly,
  Yuri
Team Zyte
Developer

Posted at:
22:43 28/6-2020 GMT

In 30 days, the 2 week rule will kick in and delete it. So it stays there until July 28.

Best regards,
  OCM Developer Nick
English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
22:50 28/6-2020 GMT

Sorry, just to triple check, (adjusting my training plans atm) I have a sponsor for 69 more days at £25k a week. Will that value stay the same for the 69 days remaining or reduce after 30 days?

Yuri SuperTeam

Posted at:
22:51 28/6-2020 GMT

Oh shame... So the 2 weeks rules starts now and not on day July 28... A shame... Could you change that? Hehe
  Since the changes should be applied on that day, the 2 weeks rules should also start on that day, but ok...

Enjoy responsibly,
  Yuri
USA Postal Services

Posted at:
22:59 28/6-2020 GMT

''In 30 days, the 2 week rule will kick in and delete it. So it stays there until July 28.

Best regards,
   OCM Developer Nick''

Yuri, If my understanding of human language is correct, your feature will be gone July 28.

--------

‘Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see.” And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer’. Revelations 6: 1-2
Yuri SuperTeam

Posted at:
23:06 28/6-2020 GMT

Tried to convince Nick on a small change on proceedings T.Y.R.O.N but it's not bering easy...

Enjoy responsibly,
  Yuri
DeRodeLantaarn

Posted at:
23:06 28/6-2020 GMT

I have the same question as Michael.
  Will the current sponsors who have more days to go than 30 days also be reduced?
USA Postal Services

Posted at:
23:13 28/6-2020 GMT

Human behavior is complex and hard to process. The correct words could help you out, but of course is on basis number of percentage. You can still try it.

--------

USA Postal Services

Posted at:
23:19 28/6-2020 GMT

For the manager MW, ''EXPECTED BUG: All sponsorships signed before the change will function as they are signed, but they will reveal the new "text" on the sponsor page. It is just a matter of the text.''

It means any sponsor signed before July 28 will work in the same way it was intended when the manager signed it.

--------

DeRodeLantaarn

Posted at:
23:29 28/6-2020 GMT

I shouldn't read without glasses:)
  Totaly missed it.
Team Chili

Posted at:
03:50 29/6-2020 GMT

Thanks for making a change Nick.

Even if we don't all agree with some or all of the changes we must agree that we all are just trying to push the game into the same direction, more awesome!

Cheers Nick
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
09:22 29/6-2020 GMT

On the bright side, I am very happy to see toned down the amount of money getting into the economy via sponsors. Thanks Nick.

On the other hand, I respectfully disagree with the need to add this 2-week expiration period on sponsor offers. May I ask what is the intention of this change, what problem tries to address? Because, as I see it, only thing it does is capping the number of dimensions on a strategic decision-making element from N to 2-3 maximum.

Let me explain better. You get sponsorship deals via a RNG roll. Before this change, you had one RNG reroll every 7 days, so if you had long deals there was depth to the decision whether to keep in store a sponsor or gamble for a better one. Now essentially you will only have 2-3 RNG rolls depending on how the expiration mechanism is implemented, and all sponsors offered more than 2 weeks before your current deal expires are essentially superfluous and could even be removed, so there's not much depth into choosing an sponsor - is more about getting lucky at the moment your other sponsors expire. I do no see the benefit of this towards rewarding engagement and good strategic decision making.

I accept the possibility that I haven't yet observed a problem caused by this that this windowing of the time frame for a decision solves, but as I currently see it is just "dumbing down" the game a bit, unnecessarily. Not a big deal, but I just wonder why.
nonnies

Posted at:
09:59 29/6-2020 GMT

Will new riders generated have lower prices again ?

DP trading could easily lead to 360k + a season...just a comment :)
Alpine

Posted at:
10:58 29/6-2020 GMT

I think the expiration problem was a key addition wronskian. If not, it was all about getting the best 90 days offers and then reject, reject, reject until you got it again.
Fighting

Posted at:
11:14 29/6-2020 GMT

Well, put in something fun to mix everything up and add more positivity to the game then...turn it down. I respectfully disagree with the changes done, Nick. I can see how the sponsors high amounts could unbalance the economy of the game, but what will happen to the managers that still have their money from the DP trading? I was lucky to receive 25/week 3 times in a row and was able to push every day to increase my team economy to 1.5 milions. But I cannot sill fight the tycoons that made 4 milions+ out of DP trading. How will this balanced? By giving me 12 canteens instead of 10 from now on and by being able to accept/reject the sponsor in 2 weeks?

I am sorry, Nick, but what you do is to enlarge the gap between rich teams and not so rich ones. I go back to one of my points in the trading thread - I have no weapons to fight.

Also, the rules state that the teams that are exploiting a glitch of the game will face a ban. I am not asking to ban anyone, don't get me wrong, but the DP trading money is still available in the game and you take away now a good source of money to somehow match it.

In a much brighter light, I am happy to see you around. It is a very good feeling to know you care for us and for the good of the game. I hope you and the fellow managers here can take my comment objectvily and we can discuss them in that way.
familytour

Posted at:
11:17 29/6-2020 GMT

Agree with Fighting and nonnies
Universal Soup

Posted at:
11:20 29/6-2020 GMT

Are we going to take your sponsor money too then, because not everyone had that chance to get 3x 25k per week ( for example me ) and had to make do with 8k, 14k, or less per week offers.

I agree with the changes, and also the vital change that you don't possibly have 90 days anymore in case when having the two best offers in place to find another best offer ready to be accepted when one of your current deals expire.
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
11:22 29/6-2020 GMT

Nothing that couldn't be solved through sponsor balancing, this is, making shorter deals relatively better. This is similar to what it happens in real life too, eg. in job market: you exchange security (longer deals) for profitability (more money per day).

I understand the underlying idea, and it might be okay, but I just don't feel at ease at how much randomness plays a part into your main source of income. You hit a bad streak of irrelevant sponsors and you get 200k this season from sponsors, you hit a good streak and you get 600k (pre-tweak numbers). Even if you have a fantastic season with 250k season earnings you cannot offset that at all. At least before this change you had some control about trying to offset this with management.

Let's see how this plays out, as long as we are open to adjusting if that proves to be a problem, I'm fine with it.
Fighting

Posted at:
11:22 29/6-2020 GMT

"The key point was that most people agreed that the benefit from sponsors at this point is a bit too high. We have therefore decided to adjust the sponsorships." - Nick

How will this help you, BrokenChain now, since you received lower amounts?
Fighting

Posted at:
11:26 29/6-2020 GMT

And by the way, I am not agreeing with the changes for the points stated by Navarone. The fact that I had 25/week 3 times in a row is a total luck. One of my friends got 8k/week twice. We are in the same division. It is all based on RNG.

I made my money by puttting the work everyday in this game for 6 months, not by luck with my sponsors. It matters what you do with them. It is of course, more helpful to get a higher amount than a lower one.
Universal Soup

Posted at:
11:29 29/6-2020 GMT

well getting more money on 1 deal than others on all their deals combined gives you the other 25k per week extra to play with. Easy to make money if you get 300k extra right? :P

The changes help me in the long term to get a more balanced game, so i'm happy with them.
Fighting

Posted at:
11:40 29/6-2020 GMT

This is my point, BrokenChain. I could play in this game with less struggle than before, due to the RNG of the sponsors. Of course I am unhappy it is turned down now. How can I fight now the teams with 4 millions +?

I have invested all the money received from the sponsors and got out 1.5 milion. 4 million vs 1.5 million sounds better than 4 million vs 300k.

The bottom line is - there is no source of money that would help for sure in the long run.

Last edit by Fighting at 11:41 29/6-2020.

Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
11:43 29/6-2020 GMT

I agree Broken, but that's a problem with the deal offer balance. If anything, the deal acceptance period shortening just adds more randomness to the fact that some deals are broken. Is like having a broken car engine and trying to fix the brakes to compensate for it ... not the best approach.

On a separate note, nothing precludes the "rich" teams from getting the most favorable deals also, so it is quite pointless to worry about it. To address whatever has been done in the past there's nothing you can do in income adjustment to change that because the one who has more can use the same mechanisms that the one who has less to keep their position. The real life counterpart to address this topic would be taxes on your savings > not that I propose that as a "good" measure, but is what it is. I for one don't care much about rich teams honestly.
Team Oasis

Posted at:
11:49 29/6-2020 GMT

I'm very glad that the sponsor money will be reduced.

I'm also glad that the DP was raised to lessen the impact of DP-trading like it used to be there before.

Both changes are good changes for fair(er) play.
  - With DP-trading people could far exceed the income of regular racing and doing jobs, where i have pretty much all my income from (occassionally a talent transfer).
  - With the recently introduced high sponsor deals people could obtain equipment that I've also had to save up for, in some cases for more than 10 seasons to get it. It's good that such things to get an edge will take more of an effort in the future.

Looking forward to adjustments in the future, where for instance sponsor money could be linked to (side) performances or objectives from the sponsor. This could also help teams down below.

@David Popescu: Weren't you in favor of DP-trading the way it used to before? I found this reply from you, in which you seem to say you DP-traded yourself:

"Hopefully you guys are really happy that Nick raised the DP. Why can't you play your damn game alone and let the others play their own? ...Maybe some lousy idiots had fun with those 22 farmers...idiots"

Now you support Buciu's view on this, while he states that the DP-trading created unbalances in economy and that will not get settled. How much did you make out of this yourself?

Besides,be glad you got alot of free money to out-shine everyone in scouting. Normally you should have somewhat of a decent team for it to be able to do that.

Last edit by Team Oasis at 11:53 29/6-2020.

Fighting

Posted at:
11:57 29/6-2020 GMT

I agree Navarone with what you say.

The only thing that remains is a way to be able to receive a certain cash flow that would be equal for anyone or at least balanced. Like Monopoly, you get 200$ every time you do one game cycle.

I do not say we should receive this like in Monopoly, but at least we should receive a secure amount of money. If the sponsors remain RNG, why not increase the jobs and the merchandise amount?

At this moment in time we get for sure (my calculations might be of, excuse me if that is the case):

- 105k out of jobs per season
  - 25k out of the shop per season if you have level 4 unlocked

This gets you 130k per season. I do not find this any way near a decent amount when a good rider costs 500k +.

I am not counting the race results, as they are RNG as well.
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
12:11 29/6-2020 GMT

My comments always go in the direction that is pure RNG what I'm against. If strategy, involvement and micromanagement allow you to maximize the odds to your favour, then I'm definitely for it.

Race engine is RNG + the fact that its workings is hidden, so no one really knows how to game it. But you can influence it with tactics and your training strategy, so I'm fine with it.

Jobs take riders space, and since it is capped to 22 and needs to be micromanaged intensively to get these 105k you mention (eg. I only get 90k), I still feel is fair.

If there was a mechanism to influence the RNG for sponsors, or for talents, I would also favour this, as long as it was not unfair. This is, if you prefer sprinters or cobblers over tters, I would be fine with you being able to tweak this, as long as the quality is not affected. Or if you prefer performance-boosting sponsors over economy-centered sponsors.

On my side I think the current high prices for top riders actually favor the democratization of access to the higher divisions. If a rider is sold for 1 million, is 1 less million that's in the pocket of someone, and there's almost no rider that can give this money back to his team. And as at least 10 teams prove in Div1. you don't really need any expensive riders to compete there, any 22-man roster with 5-6 tier 2-3 riders + oldie helpers will do. But I know that this point of view is often not shared, so I won't made any efforts to defend it, since it actually works against me to promote this strategy to a wider audience.
Fighting

Posted at:
12:19 29/6-2020 GMT

Yes, what I am trying to say is we need a more controlled income for the teams
   Jobs, shop, races are ok, you can control them.

But the rest is too RNG. Ok, sponsors got turned down, but this doesn't prevent team X from getting 50k a month, when team Y gets 5k a month. Team Y rejects this, while team X has a certain amount. This is unbalance. The fact that sponsors got turned down doesn't fix anything.

An idea would be sponsors per division. As real life - deceunik is attracted by a division 1 team having Alaphillippe in it, rather than division 3 having X in it. Fixed sponsors per division. And in this way we are forced to build teams and to grow in order to get highrr amounts of money. And I am saying this from division 3-4. This would work against me in the beggining, but I am willing to work my way up.

Last edit by Fighting at 12:21 29/6-2020.

Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
12:32 29/6-2020 GMT

That is something I would find interesting, but on the other hand I already see the storm of complains from people on lower divisions complaining that teams in higher divisions earn more money than them, so they find it impossible to bridge the gap :) But anything that proves to improve the game experience for the most people I guess is okay, as I mentioned several times the idea should be that you have a good time whether you are in Div.7 or Div.1, and this is how you gain traction as a game. There's no room for everyone in Div.1 anyway.

In the end I think the model from PCM (sponsorship goals tied to reasonable performance objetives and focus on participating on regional races, winning certain races, and participating in the big events) would work quite fine, but I admit is somewhat complex to implement. And, as a fair warning, complex things can be very broken and have it hidden in the complexity, so no one except for the ones exploiting it really notice it.
DeRodeLantaarn

Posted at:
12:46 29/6-2020 GMT

Yeah I complain against this idea.
  That doesn't match with equal changes for every team.
Australian Warlord

Posted at:
12:57 29/6-2020 GMT

The entire purpose of sponsors has to give poorer & smaller teams an opportunity to gain a source of revenue so they can build, and as such, those suggesting it should be geared in favour of Div 1 teams aren't understanding why it was established in the first place.

The only problem with sponsors as it's been is balance, for instance how a freebie for no cost management consideration was not only more valuable than say jobs (which has a small element of benefit-cost management to it), but even the primary game's function of race income.

Of course if it was tuned on non-financial benefits (with expanded jobs for money), it'd make for a more unique feature, but we're digressing. Let's see how the changes improve balance between the various game features. It will be an improvement.
  -----
  Edit: And all teams have the same opportunities with sponsors in the long run, so I'm not understanding why some are saying the feature isn't fair & equal for all teams.

Last edit by Australian Warlord at 13:01 29/6-2020.

Team Oasis

Posted at:
12:58 29/6-2020 GMT

There should be no sponsors per division, but a smarter variant.

You could opt for both a smaller base pay or none at all and let it rely from objectives that you sponsor sets.

You can think of finishing x amount of places higher at the ranking at the end of the division than at the start. Or climb a division. Or win x amount of races. The ''smart'' part is that the game has to recognize your position and give objectives that fit your division status.

All these objectives, of which some are easier to reach with a team thats clearly in buildup (thus improving), should give the same payment no matter if you are div 1 or div 5 team.

You can also add levels of sponsors, you start with level 1, with easier objectives with lower payouts and can advance to level 2 if you succeeded with all/some of your previous objectives.

And then it would also be great if there where multiple directions of sponsors, like cash sponsors, youth academy sponsors (gives objectives and payouts that help train youngsters) and performance sponsors (smaller ts increases, more rb gain etc)
LOW 105

Posted at:
13:02 29/6-2020 GMT

I am for these changes, but...

Comming back after many years of absense I was left with the dilemma keep anyone from my old team that was still capable of racing and make some money quick and build from then on, or get rid of everyone and start over. The sponsors introduction that I noticed is what tipped the scales and I decided to go for a fresh start selling everyone and randomly selecting a new team, since training was easier with guaranteed cash and my personal pleasure would be higher in the long run.

On the same day I got a good talent to train, everything changes and now I will need to sell him on the transfer market to get cash to train crappy riders.

Changes are good and some extra guaranteed cash was indeed needed, but the introduction of sponsors and now its significant reduction are game-changers. I don't know what kind of notice people had when sponsors were introduced, but, in my case, this reduction on such short notice is destroying me!

Anyway, I know in the long run this change is for the better, but I believe such major changes need a little more adaptation period.
Fighting

Posted at:
13:05 29/6-2020 GMT

I agree with Nooky and his suggestion.

Australian Warlord

Posted at:
13:06 29/6-2020 GMT

There's a one month period before this change occurs, and it was already announced around 4 weeks before today that changes were happening (& it was signalled it was going to occur even prior to that); that's a really long adaptation time.

Last edit by Australian Warlord at 13:07 29/6-2020.

familytour

Posted at:
13:25 29/6-2020 GMT

@Oasis
  I wanted to go trading,but it was cancelled.So I was sorry about that.I made nothing out of it.
  And now I liked the sponsors idea,as it gave me the scouting opportunity.
Schiavi di Don
Administrator

Posted at:
14:22 29/6-2020 GMT

I'll try to address the issues mentioned here, hope I don't miss any.

The reason we want to limit the period that you can keep a sponsor waiting is that the sponsor feature is meant to present difficult choices every week. Is a sponsor worth taking right now or will I miss out on a better fitting option if I don't have room for it? Without the limit this wasn't really a choice, the choice was more 'do I decline it because I don't have room right now or do I just keep it until I have room'. This actually increases RNG, because those who got the big sponsors were guaranteed to be able to accept them without any consequences. The 90 day long sponsors now really limit your options like intended.

As for the ones complaining that they won't have money available for scouting etc. now, that just isn't true. The sponsors still give plenty of money to be able to afford any path that you wish to follow.
  It even becomes a more dependable source of income because the balance between the different sponsors is better. We did not lower the amount given by smaller sponsors, only the amount given by the large ones.
  The amount of extra money available to anyone is still large enough to make a difference, but the big sponsors are no longer dis-proportionally big, which made the sponsors way too luck based and differences between lucky and unlucky managers way too big.

And finally concerning more result-based sponsors, that is something we are considering to add as well, but at the moment there wasn't a way to do it simply enough without putting more stress on the database. So that is something that may be in the works, but also might turn out to be too much of a risk to implement.

-----------------------------

OCM Awards Chairman/Admin

'When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.'
  Proverbs 29:2
NightmareChaos

Posted at:
14:43 29/6-2020 GMT

It is free money, and now you get less free money.

In general it stinks but its still free money. So suck it up
Team Oasis

Posted at:
15:58 29/6-2020 GMT

Maybe introduce a corrupt sponsor?

It pays good but there's a 20% chance you get caught and loose the income and receive an additional penalty.
V02maXXers

Posted at:
16:10 29/6-2020 GMT

Thanks for the update Nick and Don
USA Postal Services

Posted at:
18:19 29/6-2020 GMT

As Administrator Don Hamstre has stated, there is still room to do a decent scouting strategy for the teams that have benefitted from the Sponsorship program. Manager Finz is also right, complaining for receiving free money won't get back the previous status quo of the Sponsorship. And the most important, this changed was expected to do, so the game has better balance of income for everyone, due Sponsorship has proved to provide twice the income of a Top Division team from race results.

--------

Schiavi di Don
Administrator

Posted at:
06:46 30/6-2020 GMT

I would appreciate it if this thread was not used for silly jokes that confuse others. Therefore I deleted those. (And the response to them that doesn't make sense out of context)

'When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.'

Last edit by Schiavi di Don at 06:47 30/6-2020.

PEKAC B

Posted at:
09:13 30/6-2020 GMT

It seems that sponosors already give the reduce amount although they keep the old text. I´ve just received 1.5k instead of 2.5k (which I have in the text). I have an "old" sponsor., something like 47 days remaining out of 90.

Not really complaining but wondering whether it is an expected feature or a bug? I´m honestly lost in the sequence of announcements and fixes which happend in the meantime.

Last edit by PEKAC B at 09:14 30/6-2020.

Australian Warlord

Posted at:
09:41 30/6-2020 GMT

Question: Do we have a list of which ones are being changed (& by how much)?
PEKAC B

Posted at:
09:48 30/6-2020 GMT

My change in the text was:

2.5k down to 1.5k
  7k down to 6k
  50k down to 40k (in the pipeline)
Matrix team

Posted at:
10:02 30/6-2020 GMT

I confirm What Honzas said.

Yann

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the moment : “Don't think you are, know you are."
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
10:10 30/6-2020 GMT

I have a 2.5k per 90 days sponsor in store and its text hasn't changed (or I don't see it as changed now). Could have it been a transient thing?
Matrix team

Posted at:
10:15 30/6-2020 GMT

May not be clear so i'll precise : no changes in the text for me, but the amount seemed to have changed, for sure.

Yann

Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
10:24 30/6-2020 GMT

Thanks Yann, I'll follow up with my sponsor too and report back see if the same issue happens there.
PEKAC B

Posted at:
11:32 30/6-2020 GMT

Just to add, changes in the new text appeared yesterday but then it returned back to the original wording.
YCO

Posted at:
16:14 30/6-2020 GMT

It's not clear for me .... sponsor reduction are they effective now for the old sponsor sign before 28 june ?

Because i did not receive exact money for my old sponsor.

im fine if it same for all but i need to know

thx
Matrix team

Posted at:
23:02 30/6-2020 GMT

Just checked : 1.5n instead or 2.5k tonight.

Yann

Drapeau Noir

Posted at:
02:33 1/7-2020 GMT

@Matrix

Same here
CCFC
Administrator

Posted at:
15:07 1/7-2020 GMT

Same here too. Just noticed it by chance, and then found this thread...
Universal Soup

Posted at:
16:23 1/7-2020 GMT

my text still says 25k, but gives 20k

JHDZ Broadcasting Corporation

This sponsorship proposal gives your team 25.000 $ per week.

Duration: 90
  Max sponsors: 2

just had the week over, and only got 20k.
USA Postal Services

Posted at:
16:28 1/7-2020 GMT

I received 25k a few days ago... weird.

--------

YCO

Posted at:
17:55 1/7-2020 GMT

I confirm , sponsor text :

Farruco Touring Company
  This sponsorship proposal gives your team 2.500 $ per day.
  Days left: 59 Red Dear Canadian Whiskey

This sponsorship proposal gives your team 2.000 $ per day.
  Duration: 35
  Max sponsors: 3
  Days left:25

Before 28 june i receive 4500$/Day
  in last 4 day i recieve 3250$/Day

miss 1250$/day

YCO

Kyp

Posted at:
19:19 1/7-2020 GMT

A question here,few minutes ago got my new sponsor offer which I will accept next week and it say 25000 per week,will I take 25k per week as it says or the text it's still not fixed and it will be reduced to 20k?because today I got the reduced value of 20k instead of 25k from my current sponsor
USA Postal Services

Posted at:
19:49 1/7-2020 GMT

According to Nick, before July 28 the signed sponsors should be working with the old value, but people is receiving the future values now.

--------

Team Zyte
Developer

Posted at:
22:25 1/7-2020 GMT

Hi everyone

There was a bug. I mixed up some of the new ones with the old ones, which means that for 3 of the sponsor types (25k per week, 2,5k and 2k per day) the numbers were the new ones. This has now been fixed.

The rest of them worked already and now these three do as well. Otherwise, please post here again.

Thanks for noticing.

Best regards,
  OCM Developer Nick

Last edit by Team Zyte at 22:25 1/7-2020.

Spin Doctors

Posted at:
22:41 1/7-2020 GMT

Thank you for sorting this Nick. That's a relief and means my training plans are back on track.
USA Postal Services

Posted at:
22:45 1/7-2020 GMT

From Developer's words, it's presumed that affected teams will not get the missing income?

--------

English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
23:10 1/7-2020 GMT

Thank you Nick! Like Oli, trainings back on the menu!

Matrix team

Posted at:
10:59 2/7-2020 GMT

Glas to see it has been fixed !

As Lance said, the missing income won't be given back i supposed ? (no real issue, just to make things clearer ^^)

Yann

Time Indaiatuba

Posted at:
13:16 3/7-2020 GMT

From Nick's first post: "EXPECTED BUG: All sponsorships signed before the change will function as they are signed, but they will reveal the new "text" on the sponsor page. It is just a matter of the text."

I really hope this is the case. I'm about to sign a 25k per week 90 day sponsorship and I would hate for that to be changed after July 28th. The fact that after this announcement we had a bug where some sponsorships started paying out the new values has me worried.
Matrix team

Posted at:
15:10 3/7-2020 GMT

@Jime : If you see sponsors as i do, so just a big bonus, you'll just receive a smaller one, but still a bonus.

If you planned to buy equipment, just delay it, won't hurt that much.
  If you planned to buy a rider, pm the seller, quite sure it won't be an issue.

Yann

Drapeau Noir

Posted at:
14:25 22/7-2020 GMT

Re-readinf the thread, I'm not sure I got it right:
  I have a sponsor waiting to be approved but I will only be able to do so after july 28: will it change on that day?
Schiavi di Don
Administrator

Posted at:
14:29 22/7-2020 GMT

As Nick is probably not able to respond quickly at the moment, I'll try to give my best answer.

It should change on the 28th. That is most likely as far as my understanding of how Nick coded it goes.

Time Indaiatuba

Posted at:
14:55 22/7-2020 GMT

Also, if it's more than 14 days old after july 28th it'll disappear I believe.
PEKAC B

Posted at:
14:56 22/7-2020 GMT

I also beleive Nick wrote somewhere what Jime said above me.
English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
15:38 22/7-2020 GMT

I think he wrote it on one of the discussion threads that was created

Drapeau Noir

Posted at:
16:38 22/7-2020 GMT

It will be less than 14 days old.

Thank you for the answers. Still not 100% sure it will work that way...
peddelen

Posted at:
10:24 28/7-2020 GMT

So today is the 28th, Anyone wants to share their (adjusted) sponsordeal they got today?
PEKAC B

Posted at:
10:32 28/7-2020 GMT

I will get a deal in about 4 hours, will share then.
Sigue Sigue Sputnik

Posted at:
12:59 28/7-2020 GMT

Got this one today:

You have a new sponsorship proposal:

Ping Pong PR Management

Content:
  This sponsorship proposal gives your team 50.000 in 4 weeks.

Duration: 28 days
  Maximum sponsors allowed under this proposal: 3

Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
13:13 28/7-2020 GMT

I already got this one. For the non-native English speakers, this means that you get nothing, and after 28 days you get 50k. I somehow got the idea of getting 12.5k each week but that's wrong apparently :')
peddelen

Posted at:
13:20 28/7-2020 GMT

Weird I remember that the 50.000 was changed to 40.000 when Nick introduced the changes with bugs.
Australian Warlord

Posted at:
14:17 28/7-2020 GMT

I just declined a:

Quote: "This sponsorship proposal gives your team 25.000 $ per week.
  Duration: 90"

Two minutes ago (current sponsor still has 19 days to go).
peddelen

Posted at:
14:26 28/7-2020 GMT

Also an "old" one.

Seems Nick hasn't changed the text back probably due to the bug fix earlier.
  Wonder how these will pay out.....
Australian Warlord

Posted at:
14:32 28/7-2020 GMT

It's possible that the change will be later in the day (depending on whether it needs to be manually changed).
PEKAC B

Posted at:
14:53 28/7-2020 GMT

Official Wildcard Post

Content:
  This sponsorship proposal gives your team 1 free scout per day.

Duration: 14 days
  Maximum sponsors allowed under this proposal: 2

I like that nice one, just the duration is decreased from 3 weeks to 2 unfortunately; it means the change already happened.

Last edit by PEKAC B at 14:55 28/7-2020.

Goege Team

Posted at:
14:56 28/7-2020 GMT

This one isn‘t new honzas, I accepted it 4 days ago. Even though I had in mind it was different before ...

Soif Éternelle Life-Insurance

This sponsorship proposal gives your team 1 free scout per day.

Duration: 14

Days left: 10

Last edit by Goege Team at 14:57 28/7-2020.

PEKAC B

Posted at:
14:57 28/7-2020 GMT

I had that in the past and its duration was 21 days. So it changed somewhere in the meantime.
Goege Team

Posted at:
14:58 28/7-2020 GMT

Hmm ... hope it ends after 10 days. Just wanted to buy time.

Last edit by Goege Team at 14:58 28/7-2020.

peddelen

Posted at:
15:28 28/7-2020 GMT

@Goege Probably will still be the 21 days (thus 21 scouts)

As Nick said in his opening post.

EXPECTED BUG: All sponsorships signed before the change will function as they are signed, but they will reveal the new "text" on the sponsor page. It is just a matter of the text.
PEKAC B

Posted at:
15:57 28/7-2020 GMT

Let see what are the unexpected bugs.

Goege Team

Posted at:
16:07 28/7-2020 GMT

@Pete: Expected that to happen from today on, but not earlier ;-)

Lets see what happens.
YCO

Posted at:
01:44 29/7-2020 GMT

Old sponsor change : my sponsor signed before 28 july

Farruco Touring Company
   This sponsorship proposal gives your team 2.500 $ per day.
   Days left: 59 Red Dear Canadian Whiskey

CHANGE to this and i receive 1500$

Farruco Touring Company
  This sponsorship proposal gives your team 1.500 $ per day.
  Days left: 32

And VCBM Outlet Store change to 20000$ every second ( signed for 25000$/week)

Amazonia

Posted at:
02:10 29/7-2020 GMT

"Bug"
  My old sponsor changed too: Signed before 26 July
  Original deal:
  The Syndicate Group
  This sponsorship proposal gives your team 25.000 S every week

Changed to:
  The Syndicate Group
  This sponsorship proposal gives your team 20.000 $ every second week.
  Days left: 38

2nd sponsor the same happened:
  Original deal
  Bacilieri Pottery
  This sponsorship proposal gives your team 2.000 $ per day.

Changed sponsor and I received $1750 / day
  Bacilieri Pottery
  This sponsorship proposal gives your team 1.750 $ per day.
  Days left: 9

Tashkent Browncoats

Posted at:
02:59 29/7-2020 GMT

I had a sponsor deal for 100k waiting for a free spot, changed to 65k
Universal Soup

Posted at:
05:19 29/7-2020 GMT

it is expected the text would change, but the amounts of sponsors signed already should stay the same according to the opening post.
YCO

Posted at:
05:39 29/7-2020 GMT

No text change and money reduce too.

Schiavi di Don
Administrator

Posted at:
06:40 29/7-2020 GMT

Not all sponsors have been adjusted, so that could explain why for some there is no change at all.
  Thanks to all who are giving examples, that really helps getting a good view at if things are going as expected. So far it does seem to me like it has.
  Also, please keep an eye on your bank accounts to make sure what the amounts you actually get are.

Universal Soup

Posted at:
06:43 29/7-2020 GMT

It isn't going as expected. It was expected signed deals would stay unchanged (except for the text) but still deliver the right amount of money and apparently they do not.
Zakisu Pirtina

Posted at:
07:31 29/7-2020 GMT

Confirming that both of my sponsors have changed.
  Edit: 10.000 changed to 8.000
  and 2.500 a day changed to 1.500 (also affected today's payout)

Last edit by Zakisu Pirtina at 07:37 29/7-2020.

PJMcycles

Posted at:
08:15 29/7-2020 GMT

Mine have changed. Changed the way I play when the sponsors first came in. Finally got a decent sponsor. modified my plans when the payouts were slated for a reduction. Now I will have to alter them again. Not very Happy.
AnnoDomini

Posted at:
09:27 29/7-2020 GMT

I had 25k per week for 90 days sponsor. The text now says:

The bigger problem however is that I had another 25k/week for 90 days sponsor awaiting to be confirmed - I was waiting for the 2nd sponsorship to end and wanted to sign another 25k/week/90days deal. This offer is now gone and I received a new one, much worse of course...
PEKAC B

Posted at:
09:48 29/7-2020 GMT

Is it correct that the "old" sponsors changed their contribution. I had the 2.5k / 90 days sponsor (now 18 days remaining. The text shows 1.5k coins a day and I got 1.5k coins today.

If I remember correctly Nick said the old sponsors will not change their support so probably a bug?

Alpine

Posted at:
10:14 29/7-2020 GMT

I have the same honzas. It is a bug, but a good one. The payout was too much. Disappointing if the 25k one is only reduced to 20k as indicated above as that is still ridiculous.
Australian Warlord

Posted at:
10:21 29/7-2020 GMT

The $25k down to $20k is supposed to be every 2 weeks now instead of 1 week Alpine.
Alpine

Posted at:
10:22 29/7-2020 GMT

OK, then it is reasonable.
Universal Soup

Posted at:
10:22 29/7-2020 GMT

20k in 2 weeks..

well it is not fun either if you make plans too on the words of Nick that the payout of sponsors you signed already would not change. A small bug earlier already costed me 5k and now i will probably lose a lot more.
  I have invested money in staff that I would not have if the payout would change already...

Some people have had 3 25k sponsors a week in a row. now i finally had one and am just half way through the payouts it gets changed again ( while it was supposed to keep running ).
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
10:29 29/7-2020 GMT

I will know in an hour or so if this affected my sponsor too, and I assume yes, but I guess that as unfair as it might be or feel, I guess that if all bugs are in the transition phase only it is still "ok" ... we need to be on the lookout also for bugs on deals signed after the 28th, those are the really nasty ones that need 100% attention.
peddelen

Posted at:
10:46 29/7-2020 GMT

As expected not all sponsors are affected.
  I signed an 8k per week, 4 weeks ago and the text changed to 6500 in the evening but it still gave 8k today.
  I also have a 2k a day which I signed 3 weeks ago and the text for that changed to 1750 and also paid out the 1750.

Seems the deal which bugged during the announcement of the tweak are bugged again now.

Oh and declined a 5k per week for 28 days with max 3 sponsorships possible.
  Which could either be an excisting or one that has been lowered.

Last edit by peddelen at 10:48 29/7-2020.

Nikoline

Posted at:
11:51 29/7-2020 GMT

Exactly the same for me, Honzas! Days remaining and payment changed (dont know yet if it pays only 1,5):

"Is it correct that the "old" sponsors changed their contribution. I had the 2.5k / 90 days sponsor (now 18 days remaining. The text shows 1.5k coins a day and I got 1.5k coins today.

If I remember correctly Nick said the old sponsors will not change their support so probably a bug?"

This sponsor was a bit too good, so probably good in the long run with a tweak.
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
12:30 29/7-2020 GMT

Same happened to me, the 2.5k a day sponsor changed text to 1.5k a day and delilvered 1.5k exactly today.

I had the 50k in 4 weeks sponsor decreased (in text) to 40k in 4 weeks. I guess this one will also be consistent with the new text.
Australian Warlord

Posted at:
12:35 29/7-2020 GMT

Maybe an easy way to deal with this, would be to block the affected groups of deals from being offered until all of the deals that were under the old system expired.
Schiavi di Don
Administrator

Posted at:
12:41 29/7-2020 GMT

So all of you are 100% sure that the actual amounts you are receiving have changed?
  Because as Nick said before, the text was expected to change.

Nikoline

Posted at:
12:43 29/7-2020 GMT

Dont know yet if it pays only 1,5.
peddelen

Posted at:
13:00 29/7-2020 GMT

@Don Yes 100% I really paid attention as I already suspected this would happen. As mentioned earlier here and per DM.

So some are bugged but most deals are not.
Velosipedska

Posted at:
13:12 29/7-2020 GMT

Can confirm amounts have changed. My 25k a week sponsor was apparently in its odd week, since it didn't even pay me 20k this time. That's the second time I didn't get the money since Nick said current deals wouldn't change. Bugs are to be expected but losing out on 50k really messes up my financial planning.

Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
13:26 29/7-2020 GMT

100% sure since I looked specifically for it, yesterday I "got the feeling" so I needed to be sure. I had 111.043$ in the bank before clicking sponsor page, then I had 112.543$.
Alx4475

Posted at:
14:00 29/7-2020 GMT

Strongly agree with KrMees.

My sponsors have changed the text from 25K a week to 20K every 2 weeks.

One has 36 days and the other signed 9 days ago.

60K less in income every two weeks !!!!!

Go stick to the economy.
Schiavi di Don
Administrator

Posted at:
14:03 29/7-2020 GMT

Thanks all for the clear examples, I have passed it on to Nick, and if everything goes to plan he will look at it tonight.

Team Belfius

Posted at:
16:08 29/7-2020 GMT

Fantoft Sports Equipment

Content:

Duration: 90 days
  Maximum sponsors allowed under this proposal: 2

This proposal must be accepted before: Friday 15:37 7/8-2020.

-> is this deadline fair as my current (fastest) sponsor deal will only end in 16 days? isn't this like showing someone a piece of delicious candy but he can't eat it because you've sewn his lips together?
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
16:19 29/7-2020 GMT

That's what I tried to say in the discussion about the change in this rule. Why offer someone a deal they can't accept? Just don't give any sponsor offers until 2 weeks before one of your deals expire, because seeing candy without being able to eat it is frustrating and pointless.
Schiavi di Don
Administrator

Posted at:
17:35 29/7-2020 GMT

It's so that the long, 1 sponsor extra allowed deals are actually very limiting. They are still the best on the short term, but it will make you have to pass on other deals. If we would allow people to keep sticking out with their preferred deals, it would completely miss the point of the sponsor limits.

peddelen

Posted at:
19:00 29/7-2020 GMT

Short overview of potential sponsorship deals, above the 17 old deals I know and below their new payout.

Old sponsorships
  1. 1 scout per day with a duration of 21 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  2. 25.000 per week with a duration of 90 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  3. 2.500 per day with a duration of 90 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  4. 2.000 per day with a duration of 35 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  5. 2.000 per day with a duration of 21 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  6. 50.000 one time payment with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  7. 150.000 one time with a duration of 90 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  8. 10.000 per week with a duration of 35 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  9. 8.000 per week with a duration of 21 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  10. 8.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  11. 100.000 one time payment with a duration of 90 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  12. 7.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  13. 6.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  14. 5.000 per week with a duration of 35 days. With 4 other sponships possible
  15. 5.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  16. 10 bars & canteens per week with a duration of 28 days. With 4 other sponships possible
  17. 10% TS with a duration of 35 days. With 3 other sponships possible

New sponsorships:
  1. 1 scout per day with a duration of 14 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  2. 20.000 per 2 weeks with a duration of 90 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  3. 1.500 per day with a duration of 90 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  4. 1750 per day with a duration of 35 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  5. 1750 per day with a duration of 21 days. With 2 other sponships possible
  6. 40.000 one time payment with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  8. 8.000 per week with a duration of 35 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  10. 6.500 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  11. 65.000 one time payment with a duration of 90 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  12. 6.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible
  16. 12 bars & canteens per week with a duration of 28 days. With 4 other sponships possible

I also know from my own deal that there is also a 5.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 other sponships possible available as new deal but not sure if that is the old one or perhaps number 13 which is lowered.
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
20:48 29/7-2020 GMT

That's understood Don, what I meant is - just don't offer a deal at all. I understand from the programming perspective might be easier this way, but still should be very easy to check your current deals and don't offer anything until you are in a position to accept it in the next 14 days.

On another complex topic ... has anyone experimented with the +10% TS deal? My question would be: does it affect your current TS (so you don't need to do dummy races to raise TS) so I'm not interested, or does it affect the maximum achievable TS (meaning you can do deals and take injuries and still raise your TS close to 100%), so I would be very interested? I assume it is the former and this is why I'm adamant to test it (wasting effectively a sponsor since I know how to manage TS for events I'm interested in) but if it were the latter if would be very interesting to take during key calendar events or during the typical end of season slight team rebuilds.
Goege Team

Posted at:
20:56 29/7-2020 GMT

From my experience it‘s just 10% higher during the period you have the sponsor. So it‘s actually both. But the maximum can‘t be more than 100%.
  Or maybe I don‘t understand your question ...
peddelen

Posted at:
21:02 29/7-2020 GMT

Yeah seems that TS is calculated as normal and than adds 10% with a max of 99 or 100%
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
21:03 29/7-2020 GMT

Sure. If I race some riders in my team as captains right now (eg. Oosterhof, has been captain all days in Germany Tour) they actually can't get to 100% TS, they stay at 93-94%. This is because in the last 30 days I retired Zarubin, bought Solana, fired a trainer that was past 10 seasons as a trainer, and had 3 injuries. My question is, if I used this sponsor, would I be able to get to 100% even in this context for riders that are riding as captains constantly? Or would I stay at 93-94% because my max TS. is capped at this value?

Edit: thanks pete, that's what I wanted to know. then it looks very interesting in the context of lower sponsor money. also thanks goege for your answer :)

Last edit by Navarone Cycling Team at 21:04 29/7-2020.

Goege Team

Posted at:
21:12 29/7-2020 GMT

To confirm: In your example your riders would be able to get to 100% TS.

Team Belfius

Posted at:
11:28 30/7-2020 GMT

@ Don: same as wronskian, it's just cruel to get an offer for a very good deal you can't take and instead having a very high chance to get a way crappier deal next
  But hey, it's a game, i'm just having first world problems - i know, but it's pretty frustrating to endure
Universal Soup

Posted at:
12:46 30/7-2020 GMT

I think it's easier to program this way than to give you an offer after or just before your current deals end. Anyone knows if the money collecting issue has been solved ( i don't want to try and lose 5k :P )
AK Pro Race

Posted at:
13:04 30/7-2020 GMT

Same here. I should get yesterday 25k but didn't get anything, hope it will be fixed becouse some arrangments was made.

@pete
  You wrote like: 20.000 per 2 weeks with a duration of 90 days. With 2 other sponships possible.
  Are you sure? I thought and was sure that on sponsors page where is stated: "Max sponsors: 2" it means that I can have only two sponsors with this one. Never checked if I can hire third one. Could someone confirm that?
Goege Team

Posted at:
13:23 30/7-2020 GMT

It is a maximum of 2.
PEKAC B

Posted at:
13:51 30/7-2020 GMT

In the whole Pete´s list is the word "other" redundant. The number shows the maximum amount of sponsors allowed.
Maramoy

Posted at:
14:42 30/7-2020 GMT

For two days my sponsors have been working according to the new rules (((Daily 2,000 less.

Considering that I can only sign 2 of this kind of sponsors, this is a serious blow to a young team like mine
Time Indaiatuba

Posted at:
14:49 30/7-2020 GMT

Yeah this is really annoying. I called it weeks ago that this would happen:

"The fact that after this announcement we had a bug where some sponsorships started paying out the new values has me worried."

But what can we do? We're all in the same situation I guess, so it's annoying for all of us.
WelchAllyn

Posted at:
19:44 30/7-2020 GMT

It also really screws up my plans, I have two transactions to make, that would have been possible with my current sponsorships. But alas, the changes caused me to not receive any money...
Universal Soup

Posted at:
06:01 31/7-2020 GMT

Any news regarding to this issue? Soon i'll have to decide between training or being able to pull my talent at day 1 so it would be nice to know what to choose because in the new situation i won't be able to do both.
Zalom

Posted at:
07:24 31/7-2020 GMT

Got the new number 7 of Pete's list. It's now 100,000 one time payment
Goege Team

Posted at:
07:53 31/7-2020 GMT

@BrokenChain: I should have gotten 25k today, but got nothing, so the problem still exists.

Hope it is solved soon! I was planning with 25k every week, if I only get 20k every other week it will be a financial disaster ...
Mali Mountain Men

Posted at:
08:48 31/7-2020 GMT

Yeah, from a planning perspective this is pretty shit. I spent a fair amount of money counting on the sponsor to replenish. Also, at 20k every 2nd week this isn't a great deal anymore cause it limits you to 2. Wouldn't mind having the option to cancel if it stays like this
Moose Machines

Posted at:
08:49 31/7-2020 GMT

I'm exactly the same as Goege, should have received 25k today but got nothing, so it seems to have changed for me too. Still got 7 weeks left on that sponsor and it still limits me to max 2 :(
Goege Team

Posted at:
09:16 31/7-2020 GMT

I have 9 weeks to go ...
Universal Soup

Posted at:
09:33 31/7-2020 GMT

yeah i have that sponsor too, but i prefer not to collect if it's going to get fixed. As last time on the test run i lost 5k already.
WelchAllyn

Posted at:
10:01 31/7-2020 GMT

At this point: the best thing to do is to reserve the change, disallow people to take on new sponsorships, and in about 90 days (when all the sponsorships run out) restart the whole system with the new adjusted rules, TBH.
  Now at the moment we get the worst of both worlds, our current sponsors all changed abruptly despite the earlier garanty they'd work as before, we can't cancel sponsorships, all plans we've made are all in ruins.
Equipo Easy On

Posted at:
13:28 31/7-2020 GMT

Well, well. I had expected massive cut-downs (50 to 60%) in all sponsorship deals, so after the announcement I did actually accept two of the 5k/week deals (which had been the normal suggestion before anyway). Then, shortly before the 28th, I received the 25k/week thing which I had to reuse after a few days waiting, because it expired one day too early.

But this is not a bug, just incredibly bad timing and wrong expectations from my side.

USA Postal Services

Posted at:
05:03 1/8-2020 GMT

Well, one hour ago I was robbed. Instead of receiving the 25k-20k or whatever it is now, I got nothing. I see that I'm not the only one, and to be honest it ruined my economy plans. Of course, that's what happens with all this new programing and so on, bugged everything, we pay the consequences and then no compensation for the lost money.

For some managers, just 5k, but I lost 25k. Thanks Nick.

200+ Talent Management Agency

Days left: 6

It was also the last revenue.

--------

Schiavi di Don
Administrator

Posted at:
08:18 1/8-2020 GMT

I can only apologize. Unfortunately I can't do anything but keep reminding Nick and hope he does fix it.

ABK

Posted at:
08:51 1/8-2020 GMT

The changed sponsor feature is bugged. I am shocked!
  https://giphy.com/gifs/queue-futurama-philip-j-fry-AaQYP9zh24UFi
USA Postal Services

Posted at:
09:07 1/8-2020 GMT

@Don, I know. Had a bad day, I'm having some rare symptoms (not corona) and the last drop was not receiving the sponsor thing... the story of my life.

--------

Vaduz

Posted at:
10:43 1/8-2020 GMT

Well, with time the problem will disappear as the old deals expire
Velo Club Bored Man

Posted at:
11:25 1/8-2020 GMT

How long should we wait before taking another Sponsor offer?
English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
11:36 1/8-2020 GMT

As the change has now happened to the new values, I’d sign one (if it’s good enough) straight away, no advantage delaying

Nikoline

Posted at:
12:25 1/8-2020 GMT

The best deals are the ones affected by this. It evens things out a bit.
  I could post the Seinfeld sketch "Even-Steven" again...

Still irritating, though.

Skeel

Posted at:
16:26 1/8-2020 GMT

Having 2 riders in training and expecting the 25k sponsor to fullfill his promises has really backfired nowxD
  But shit happens, lets hope for some quick prize money so i can get them out with their training points.
Fighting

Posted at:
21:23 1/8-2020 GMT

Low Max Insurance Agency

Days left: 41

Problem: had this sponsor before the change. It said 25k/week. It was due to pay me this morning. Nothing. Not 25k, not 20k.
Fighting

Posted at:
07:41 2/8-2020 GMT

So, am I going to receive the money from this sponsor or they are lost forever?

I accepted (forcefully) to receive less money then initially advertised through the sponsor, but none at all makes me uneasy.

Last edit by Fighting at 07:47 2/8-2020.

PEKAC B

Posted at:
10:11 2/8-2020 GMT

It say you get your money biweekly. assuming you get them last week, you will receive them next week again.
WelchAllyn

Posted at:
10:11 2/8-2020 GMT

Yeah, I'm really annoyed by this situation... We were told our standing sponsorships would be honoured, yet they aren't nor can they be cancelled now their deals are changed.
  All my plans are down the drain, I have deals with other players for transfers that now can't go through...
  I would really like to have an update from Nick, because at the moment this feels like a heavy blow in a game where planning is so important...
Fighting

Posted at:
10:14 2/8-2020 GMT

I know Honzas, you are right, but this particular sponsor I had before 28th of July. I thought the old ones will stay the same or at least, the rule to be applied immediately after the 28th of July. I mean, I have no problem to get the money now and wait 2 weeks. But to have to wait 2 weeks from start? Where does it say that?
PEKAC B

Posted at:
11:08 2/8-2020 GMT

OK, the response is that if you visited your sponsor page to tray if your sponsor is also bugged, you will not received your money.

It is known that this particular sponsor (regardless what is its name) is affected by such a bug since 28th when first people realized and posted here. It is also known that sponsor is activated when you visit its page. It was not announced that the bug was fixed. So you only have two options. You either hope that it will be fixed and do not visit the sponsor page to activate that as you can collect the money after ir is fixed. Or you visit the sponsor page and lose the hope.
Fighting

Posted at:
11:09 2/8-2020 GMT

Nice. I will flip a coin then.

Thanks for your answers :).
WelchAllyn

Posted at:
11:10 2/8-2020 GMT

I'm at the moment avoiding the sponsor page. However, I also had a 150k one off deal that's at -1 days and doens't pay out, nor went away...
  I'm losing out on so much money...
English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
14:15 3/8-2020 GMT

Just wandering if we’ve got any update to lost money being reimbursed?

Trying to plan training as I’ve got 3 riders over Private Deals being purchased in the next 30 days.

Fighting

Posted at:
14:35 3/8-2020 GMT

I have the same concern as Michael.

Thank you!
WelchAllyn

Posted at:
18:56 3/8-2020 GMT

Indeed... I finally got good sponsors after nothing but 1k/w, and they all bug out. Gotten 3 25k payments, this week none. The 150k one off just bugged out, without receiving any money. I lost a total of 175k this weekend, which is more than I got last season in total, so as you can imagine I'm quite bummed out...
Australian Warlord

Posted at:
23:09 3/8-2020 GMT

I don't think it's possible for Nick to code a fix, and it's not going to happen.
  Yes, we're all getting less (I'll be around $120k lost), but you could also think of it that you're still getting a bunch more money than you'd be getting without sponsors (my current deals are sill worth $130k or so). And we're all in the same boat.

Maybe think of it as a big economic boom followed by a CoVid19 led premature income correction.
English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
23:32 3/8-2020 GMT

At this point I don’t mind either way whether we get a one off payment, sponsor correction or just nothing at all! I would just like an official message so we know where we are at so I can plan next season (yes I’m a planner ;) )

Time Indaiatuba

Posted at:
23:56 3/8-2020 GMT

Yeah it would be really nice if the Nick could either take the time to keep the game running well or at least hand over control to someone who will.
English Sprinting Team
Official Supporter

Posted at:
00:00 4/8-2020 GMT

The games running well, it’s just the communication which has broken down a little bit.

Any decision on this is better than no decision and if a decision has been made, then communication is the final step. Not everyone will like the decision but at least we’ll have a basis to build and plan on for the future

PEKAC B

Posted at:
08:04 4/8-2020 GMT

The communication was always broken here, I would say it is not the Nick´s strenght. Assuming this is just his free time activity, I do not mind much.

I also do not expect it will get fixed.

I still believe (even after the change), the sponsors are too significant source of money comparing to the race income. I did not change my opinon that giving someone money just for doing nothing is wrong. I would keep sponsors but having the same importance like merchanise shop or jobs. If we believe there is a need for more money, I would increase the money from racing (e.g. increase the prize money, get payment for 10th to 20th spots so if someone is stucked in the higher division than he belongs, he is still motivated to race).

My original idea was to link sponsors money to completion of some achievements; however the risk that it will be bugged forever is too high.
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
08:45 4/8-2020 GMT

I would assume that won't get fixed, since what we have now is what we should have in the end anyway, so is easier to let time pass and do nothing and it will fix by itself when enough time has passed and none of the old deals remains active.. For any deal that gets broken because of the reduced income, a solution will have to be reached between the involved parties, and Don if necessary. Since it seems to affect everyone, doesn't seem that unfair this happening. Of course losing some deals sucks more than others, but there's only so much you can do.

Is not that bad for a free game maintained by someone that's not a software developer in their free time. Of course it could be better, but it could also be a dead game like charazay and others, and isn't and doesn't seem close to be. Very Nick-dependent, but that's the way it is, and I guess some other guy has the keys of the realm in case of some fatality happens - hope we never have to find out.

As a math head I can't but share the view that the idea of sponsors is implemented in a fundamentally wrong manner, in particular the fact that some deals are just better than the others for no reason, and I still defend that the 14 day period is anti-strategic and tackles the problem of holding on to the best sponsors from the wrong angle - there shouldn't be "best" sponsors but tradeoffs between them. I also am confused at the fact that everyone seems to have the feeling that there's kind of an economic crisis and teams that won't work anymore because of the reduced income, when it seems to have been just a 20-30% reduction of something that was admittedly extremely broken to begin with. In fact I think that the consequences of this money spike will distort the market for quite a while, probably S54 and part of S55, with people trying to adjust back and forth. Be sure someone will fish big and cheap navigating these confusing waters.
Fighting

Posted at:
09:04 4/8-2020 GMT

+1 Navarone

In the end, I am not 100% dependent on that sponsor (luckily) and I can adjust to any situation. It is just frustrating a bit as it is not my fault I was given this sponsor and if I knew the terms initially, I wouldn't have accepted it.

But it is what it is.
PEKAC B

Posted at:
18:25 4/8-2020 GMT

This one is not listed in the pete´s post above, it seems to be a pretty new one.

This sponsorship proposal gives your team 1.000 $ per day. Duration: 28 days, Maximum sponsors allowedl: 4
TeamTVM

Posted at:
21:50 4/8-2020 GMT

Yes, I just had this one too
peddelen

Posted at:
22:22 4/8-2020 GMT

I think that could be a new one.
  If other people can confirm if 9, 13, 14, 15 and 17 still excist and not just the payout also the length of contract and the number of contracts possible.

Old sponsorships
   1. 1 scout per day with a duration of 21 days. With 2 sponships possible
   2. 25.000 per week with a duration of 90 days. With 2 sponships possible
   3. 2.500 per day with a duration of 90 days. With 2 sponships possible
   4. 2.000 per day with a duration of 35 days. With 3 sponships possible
   5. 2.000 per day with a duration of 21 days. With 2 sponships possible
   6. 50.000 one time payment with a duration of 28 days. With 3 sponships possible
   7. 150.000 one time with a duration of 90 days. With 2 sponships possible
   8. 10.000 per week with a duration of 35 days. With 3 sponships possible
   9. 8.000 per week with a duration of 21 days. With 3 sponships possible
   10. 8.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 sponships possible
   11. 100.000 one time payment with a duration of 90 days. With 3 sponships possible
   12. 7.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 sponships possible
   13. 6.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 sponships possible
   14. 5.000 per week with a duration of 35 days. With 4 sponships possible
   15. 5.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 sponships possible
   16. 10 bars & canteens per week with a duration of 28 days. With 4sponships possible
   17. 10% TS with a duration of 35 days. With 3 sponships possible

New sponsorships:
   1. 1 scout per day with a duration of 14 days. With 2 sponships possible
   2. 20.000 per 2 weeks with a duration of 90 days. With 2 sponships possible
   3. 1.500 per day with a duration of 90 days. With 2 sponships possible
   4. 1750 per day with a duration of 35 days. With 3 sponships possible
   5. 1750 per day with a duration of 21 days. With 2 sponships possible
   6. 40.000 one time payment with a duration of 28 days. With 3 sponships possible
   7. 100.000 one time with a duration of 90 days. With 2 sponships possible
   8. 8.000 per week with a duration of 35 days. With 3 sponships possible
   10. 6.500 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 sponships possible
   11. 65.000 one time payment with a duration of 90 days. With 3 sponships possible
   12. 6.000 per week with a duration of 28 days. With 3 sponships possible
   16. 12 bars & canteens per week with a duration of 28 days. With 4 sponships possible
  18. 1000 per day with a duration of 28 days. With 4 sponships possible
Nefal

Posted at:
23:51 4/8-2020 GMT

I got #14 yesterday, and it was exactly the same as before. 5k per week, 35 days, 4 max.
AnnoDomini

Posted at:
23:59 4/8-2020 GMT

So in the past the best option was to have 2 times sponsor nr 2: 50k a week then / 7142 a day.
  Now the best option seems to be to have 3 times sponsor nr 4, which would give 5250 daily.
  Correct?
PEKAC B

Posted at:
06:27 5/8-2020 GMT

Still 2 free scouts per day are equal to 8k so it is the worthiest as it was before. Assuming you use them.
peddelen

Posted at:
16:10 5/8-2020 GMT

Seems 14 & 15 have remained unchanged.

8k per week for 3 weeks with max 3 deals
  6k per week for 4 weeks with max 3 deals
  And the TS deal left to confirm.

That 1000k per day with 4 deals is one of the best deals now.

I declined a 20k per 2 weeks deal. payout is good but I find a season with just 1 contract next to it very limiting.
PEKAC B

Posted at:
13:22 6/8-2020 GMT

strange, i got 1.5k; 699.500 - > 701.000
Universal Soup

Posted at:
14:23 6/8-2020 GMT

I got only 20k too
Navarone Cycling Team

Posted at:
14:41 6/8-2020 GMT

Shame on me I can't subtract adequately u_u" you are right. I delete the post to ensure no one falls for my traps.
Goege Team

Posted at:
07:54 7/8-2020 GMT

A few days before the 28th of July I signed the „1 free scout every day“ (14 days). Even though it was before the 28th it showed the new text. I expected that I have to keep the sponsor for 21 days (old text). But today - after 14 days - the sponsor is gone, so it worked as it said.

Still strange to get the new sponsor before they‘re supposed to work, but at least this one worked as it should.
Spin Doctors

Posted at:
09:28 7/8-2020 GMT

As with Nefal I just had the offer of 5k per week, 35 days, 4 max. That one seems to remain unchanged.

I'm really stuck in a rut with my sponsors. My 25k per week, 90 days, 2 max deal paid out 20k this week after nothing last week just as others have found.

It still has 48 days to run and I've been declining low value but high max no. sponsor offers hoping for a high value, low max sponsor which isn't forthcoming.
Fighting

Posted at:
08:16 8/8-2020 GMT

For me it worked today to receive 20k from the 20k/2 weeks from my sponsors. It means that both the one accepted before and the one accepted after the change on 28th were actually changed.
Alx4475

Posted at:
10:35 9/8-2020 GMT

Confirmed the malfunction of the sponsors.
  First 60k lost.
  Waiting....

---------------------------------------------

Alea Iacta Est
  Julio César 49 a.C.

Szirmai Világos

Posted at:
21:15 11/8-2020 GMT

How can I delete the -4 days sponsor and how can I accept the new one?
Vaduz

Posted at:
21:44 11/8-2020 GMT

Just keep refreshing and eventually it disappears
Velosipedska

Posted at:
17:38 12/8-2020 GMT

Lost another 20k yesterday. Will we get any update at all from Nick (or Don) about this Sponsor issue?

A fix, no fix, refunds or no refunds, whatever Nick decides, I'd really like to know what to expect, and perhaps some kind of explanation for what went wrong. I'm sure all managers appreciate the work a single part-time dev has put into this game, so if things go wrong we can deal with it. Just give managers a bit more info on what's going on when stuff like this happens.
Vaduz

Posted at:
18:03 12/8-2020 GMT

At this point, I think we can assume it is what it is and it won’t change. But an official confirmation would be nice. I turned down a former 25k per week deal cause it’s not ideal anymore so with this delay, there is no way anymore to make everyone happy
Universal Soup

Posted at:
18:08 12/8-2020 GMT

2 more days until he's been offline for a whole month.
  So i'm with Vaduz, assume it is what it is and no compensation will be given as it will require a lot of handwork and you can't ensure everyone is telling the truth or not without vigorous checking ( if at all possible ).
Velo Club Bored Man

Posted at:
16:58 22/8-2020 GMT

When a sponsor is on -0 does that mean there's still 24 hours until it disappears (a sponsor agreement that you took)
Sigue Sigue Sputnik

Posted at:
17:03 22/8-2020 GMT

Just refresh te page.
Velo Club Bored Man

Posted at:
17:05 22/8-2020 GMT

Ah yeah, nom nom nom.
6feet

Posted at:
12:29 1/9-2020 GMT

Are there still sponser deals possible with more then 2 sponsers?
  My last 4 proposales had max 2 sponsershipdeal possible.
Alpine

Posted at:
12:34 1/9-2020 GMT

Yes, it is.
Velo Club Bored Man

Posted at:
12:34 1/9-2020 GMT

Yes, i'm currently running three.
6feet

Posted at:
12:56 1/9-2020 GMT

Oke, thanks.
PEKAC B

Posted at:
16:54 15/9-2020 GMT

i think this is the last missing in the list:

Content:
  This sponsorship proposal gives all your riders 5% extra Team Spirit.

Duration: 35 days
  Maximum sponsors allowed under this proposal: 3

The benefit is down from 10 to 5%.