Written by CC Est at 22:08 13/11-2018|
Alari Arjasepp from Ocaña has very likely secured his 5th consecutive Estonian national title. He could repeat the record of 6 titles by Tõnis Ersto already next season. Who could stop him? I review the 5 riders who are following him in the current rankings.
1. Karro Kiuru from villamcyk has always been up there, but since his only title in season 37, he always was behind someone in the rankings. He will be 33 next season and if Arjasepp keep his role as captain in Ocana, it will be difficult to beat him for Kiuru.
2. 30 years old, Leino Pukk has always ridden for someone else. However unlike his former teams, Drapeau Noir gave him chance to score last season. Despite quite nice performance, I am doubtful he could get enough support from top team like Drapeau Noir. Therefore it is unlikely Pukk will be the next champion in the Drapeau Noir.
3. Kulvo Laur, 26 years old rising star from Cloud Atlas has shown great performance in Cymru and Essex tours last season. This season has been little disappointment, but his potential as hilly tour rider is great. If he gets more support from the team, he will be the man who could stop Arjasepp winning titles.
4. Danek Rauniste from chupacabra is not a star sprinter. Probably he will work for Femi Tshiela next season again. But in season 48 he might take over the leader role in the team.
5. Bruno Parv from squadra sora, the son of former 3-times champion Hugo Parv, is a specific niche rider. He could do very well in hilly TTs. If he gets support of the team in hilly tours he might be up there.
There are some other riders who could surprise, but without changing their present team, it is very unlikely.
List of Estonian champions.
Season, rider, OCM rank, team
49 Kulvo Laur 81 AK Pro Race
48 Alari Arjasepp 196 Ocaña
47 Alari Arjasepp 196 Ocaña
46 Alari Arjasepp 179 Ocaña
45 Alari Arjasepp 82 Ocaña
44 Alari Arjasepp 44 Ocaña
43 Alari Arjasepp 217 Ocaña
42 Alari Arjasepp 194 Ocaña
41 Heinry Tuudelepp 333 superduke
40 Arvo Kuku 62 logoloos
39 Arvo Kuku 47 logoloos
38 Arvo Kuku 426 Yuri SuperTeam / logoloos
37 Karro Kiuru 582 villamcyk
36 Reinar Meringo 791 Forza17
35 Arvo Kuku 108 AK Pro Race
34 Urmo Just 326 CC Est
33 Urmo Just 157 CC Est
32 Tõnis Ersto 409 Limpid
31 Tõnis Ersto 340 Limpid
30 Tõnis Ersto 373 Limpid
29 Tõnis Ersto 280 Limpid
28 Tõnis Ersto 105 Limpid
27 Tõnis Ersto 162 Limpid
26 Danek Kiik 184 Godzilla
25 Danek Kiik 502 Godzilla
24 Danek Kiik 343 Godzilla
23 Danek Kiik 415 Godzilla
22 Valdis Altraja 98 Bywater CT
21 Hugo Parv 137 johny2
20 Hugo Parv 48 johny2
19 Hugo Parv 86 johny2
18 Valdis Altraja 326 Navarone Cycling Team
17 Kaupo Luht 160 Club Ciclista Riaza
16 Kaupo Luht 271 Club Ciclista Riaza
15 Kaupo Luht 72 Club Ciclista Riaza
14 Kaupo Luht 208 Club Ciclista Riaza
13 Kaupo Luht 86 Club Ciclista Riaza
12 Aimer Pärnpuu 1232 Swedbank
Record repeating 6th title to Arjasepp - well deserved. I am curious to see if there will be new record: 7th. Kulvo Laur was very close last season and will be stronger this season.
Day 59 update: Arjasepp is leading, but Laur is very close.
1. Arjasepp 420
2. Laur 380
3. Parv 171
4. Kiuru 100
5. Rauniste 60
Close start for the two contenders:
Ok... Now I want the 6th title :)
|Ocaña at 17:50 26/11-2018|
Impressive work CC Est.
Glad to see that I am continuing a Spain/Estonia tradition
Thanks, but it is rider from Ocana who might get the 6th title:)
ok, just thought that maybe you had another way of doing it... thanks and good luck with 6th title next season!
I just had a look on all time national ranking and checked season ending positions of all possible riders. It can be easily done for small OCM country like Estonia. For bigger country it would be quite amount of work.
how are you checking who was the Estonian champ in previous seasons? Like in S22 for example?
Will be interesting to see how he performs, Cloud Atlas.
Thank you, Chili.
next season he will get full support from Balthazar Radondo (56av) and hopefully adding one or 2 more guys
Other Team's Press Releases